Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Pretty Teacher Gift


I really love gifting teachers with very nice gifts and I always try to give something special, especially if they are an amazing teacher. My oldest son had such a teacher for 6th grade this year. She is in her 20s, single, lives in the city, and is super fashionable so I wanted to make her something very nice considering what a wonderful job she did working with my son this year. I decided to knit her The Gallatin Scarf (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gallatin-scarf), which I had knit before so I knew the pattern well. Plus, it is an easy enough knit that I was able to finish this in about two weeks with my limited knitting time. I like it because it is pretty much a brainless knit, lots of repetition in the lace pattern and then bands of reverse stockinette. I did most of this while watching my beloved Chicago Blackhawks play for their 3rd Stanley Cup in 6 years. I cannot remember the yarn I used, but I bought it at my fabulous local knitting shop Elgin Knit Works (http://elginknitworks.com) in Elgin, IL. The shop owner Betsy is so knowledgeable and helpful. I ended up choosing this gorgeous silk-merino blend in a turquoise blue. Unfortunately I misplaced the label so I don't remember who it is by. The finished project is pictured below. The teacher loved it! It's the perfect little scarf to slip over her shoulders on a chilly night in the city. Even though it is knit with a worsted weight yarn, it is nice and airy due to the lacework and the drape is fabulous. I want to make one for myself soon. 







No comments:

Post a Comment