Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pondering Entering The World of Podcasting

So I have this idea to start a podcast. I know nothing about podcasts except that I enjoy listening to them. I have been doing a bit of research on how I can start podcasting using my Macbook Pro. I have found that I can record a podcast on Garage Band, an app that is already on my computer (Yay!) and upload it right to iTunes. Right now I am researching USB microphones trying to find a decent one for cheap to get me started. I think I found one called The Blue Snowflake that is around $50 so I am checking reviews and also going to check in with my cousin Steven who owns a few comic book stores and does a podcast called Caffeinated Comics (http://caffeinatedcomics.blogspot.com). Now I have not listened to it, but he is an experienced podcaster, plus a pretty cool cousin so I'm sure he will give me some good advice. If you are a comic book fan, check out his podcast and see what you think, and if you live in IL, he has shops in Lagrange and Woodridge called Chimera's Comics you can visit.

Anyway, back to my podcast idea. I thought it would be really cool to chat about different topics, such as organizing your yarn stash, knitting for charity, navigating Ravelry, and so on. I am still working on a list of topics. I would like to commit to recording a podcast once a week for 15-30 minutes in addition to blogging at least once a week. I am on summer break (I am a substitute teacher trying to get back into full time teaching) so I have the time right now to get these projects off the ground.

So my readers… Do you have any topics you would love to hear me talk about on a podcast? I want it to be enjoyable and entertaining to other knitters so please leave me your suggestions in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to learn about using circular needles. I just can't figure them out!! Although that may be better suited to a video podcast? Yarn reviews would be awesome too. I've been burned a few times with yarn that fades or wears too fast.

    ReplyDelete